The Maryland Crime Victims’ Resource Center, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, organized, mature individual to fill the position of Director of Finance and Human Resources. The position is a full-time, salaried employee of the Maryland Crime Victims’ Resource Center, Inc. (MCVRC) and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The position is responsible for financial processes of the organization, including but not limited to general accounting, grant accounting, budgets, billing of the agency’s grant funders and the maintenance of all procedures necessary for the management of grant funds including allocations, cash management, and oversight of external audit and preparation of financial governmental reports. Human resource duties include liaising with the state health insurance system, assisting employees accordingly, processing leave and timesheets, and completing payroll. The position will maintain QuickBooks electronic bookkeeping, budget tracking, revisions and forecasting as required, provide necessary financial documentation and reports to funders on time, maintain all appropriate electronic and/or hard copy financial files and documentation, work with the agency CPA, and assist with other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Job Requirements include:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software is mandatory. In particular, a level of high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is absolutely necessary to fulfilling the duties of this job.
• Experience in nonprofit accounting, including grants and costs allocations is preferred; government contract accounting experience will also be considered.
• A four-year degree is required; in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field is preferred.
• Experience with QuickBooks software is preferable, however applicants with other accounting software experience (i.e. Peachtree, Deltek, etc.) will also be considered.
• Experience with nonprofit human resources, fund development, fundraising, and grant writing are preferred.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter as ONE attachment via email ONLY to email@example.com. Also, we welcome you to see our website for details about our organization's mission: www.mdcrimevictims.org.